Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Meeting Morning

Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:5

A garden plot's a healing spot.
 I know the feel of sod
Was my mother's way to say,
 "I've touched a bit of God."
 June Masters Bacher

As the years pass, I am coming more and more to understand
 that it is the common everyday blessings 
of our common everyday lives
 for which we should be particularly grateful.
Laura Ingalls Wilder
In the Morning
By Elece Hollis

I meet God in the morning 
when the dew is on the grass
When the sun has just come up 
And a soft breeze trundles past.

I meet Him in the quiet spot 
Beside the garden gate
While the birds come singing-winging,
 He arrives; He's never late.

I meet Him in the garden rows
 He sends a butterfly to kiss
My shoulder or my hair, my face
 A dew-new greeting I must not miss.

I meet Him as I kneel down
 Plucking peas and pulling weeds
He meets me there and touches me.
 With simple peace, He meets my needs.

I meet God in the morning
He goes with me through the day
 I thank Him for the joy and love
He gifts me with along life's way.


Have you noticed how many of the flowers and trees have heart-shaped leaves? Could it be that God is saying, "Hey there, somebody loves you!"
C.E. Hollis


The quest for a simpler life is in itself
 an infinite journey toward God.
Wanda Urbanska



©2014 Elece Hollis, author of Limitless Grace,  available  at Mardel's or on Amazon http://amzn.to/1uEcfUM
If you would like to leave a comment. Click on "comments" or "no comments" below and tell me which of these photos you like best and why?
Please follow me on this once-a-week blog of home grown poetry and photography and don't miss Totally Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. So thankful for a new member reading this blog. Welcome Chery Emmer. Love you, Elece

    ReplyDelete