Saturday, July 8, 2017

Feelin' Blue




O God from my youth you have taught me, 
and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds,
 and even when I am old and gray, 
O God, do not forsake me, until I declare your strength
 to this generation, 
your power to all who are to come.
 Psalm 71:17-18




Feelin' Blue
By  Elece Hollis

Ever get to feelin' blue? 
Old and used and broken too?

Ever think your time has passed,
You've done your part, you've seen the last

Of being useful––being one who can
Serve his God and his fellow man?

This old window made me think
I know I'm old, but not extinct!

Though the frame is worn and paint has peeled
Look close––you'll see its worth revealed.

The sky is reflected in the pane
It manages still to keep out rain.

The whole is set in old red brick
That solid wall is strong and thick.

So when you get to feelin' blue
Think of what you still can do.

Remember of the colors too
What a lovely wonderful shade is blue!

No comments:

Post a Comment